H.E.L.P. Malawi is currently searching for English Teachers/Trainees and/or CELTA/TEFL teachers to join our international volunteer program at a local Malawian government primary school for the 2020 academic school year. Whether you are a fully qualified English teacher, teacher trainee, or CELTA/TEFL certified teacher, you are welcome to join our volunteer programme in rural southern Malawi. Placements are from:
- January -April 2020.
- April – July 2020
- September – December 2020
Activities include but are not excluded to:
- Tutoring small groups of learners in English (ESL) throughout the school day.
- Facilitating standard 8 revision groups
- Providing reading support to young learners.
- Teaching the after-school English Activity Class and other activities offered at the school.
- Supporting activities that enhance the development of pre – school learners at the child development centre.
- Experience of life in a rural community in Africa and life-changing cross-cultural experiences!
- NO JOINING FEE – you just fund your own flights, international travel insurance (required) and food on site.
- Placements of 3-month plus are available.
- Opportunities for special interest programmes and projects for shorter periods are available
- Housing provided (max 4 volunteers) with water available and solar electricity.
- Airport pick-up and full orientation included in addition to on-site support
- Wifi is now available at our office within the school from Mon – Friday.
- Successful applicants must be highly proficient English language speakers.
- Trained or trainee English teachers with at least two years of college education and at least one year of previous teaching English language experience.
- Or CELTA/TEFL qualified with a minimum of one year TEFL/CELTA experience in a classroom environment preferably with young learners.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Cross-cultural experience is desirable – culturally sensitive to Malawian ways.
- Resilience, self-motivation, a sense of humour and the ability to adapt to a rural African community are key attributes. e. g extreme weather (depending on season), culture and challenges of living in a rural location with few amenities require these attributes.
- Passion and desire to make a difference in the lives of others.
- Experience of working in partnership with a wide range of stakeholders is highly desirable
How To Apply
All interested enquiries should contact the primary address of: firstname.lastname@example.org or general address of email@example.com. Programme information and application forms can be requested from there.
- Address PO Box 150, Ulongwe, Balaka, MALAWI
- Salary Offer UNPAID