Perfect for new teachers, the school specializes in young learners with classes for all ability levels. You will get comprehensive training and you can expect a professional – yet welcoming – atmosphere.
- Teach students between 3 and 16 years old, maximum class size is 12 students.
- Participate in training, planning, activities, and events.
- Maximum 25 teaching hours per week, maximum 100 teaching hours per month.
- 15 office hours per week.
- Five consecutive days a week, Wednesday through Sunday, with Monday and Tuesday as the weekend.
Salary and Benefits
- 17,000 – 20,000 RMB per month + 1,000 RMB housing allowance.
- 22 days paid holiday.
- A fully sponsored Z-visa, residence permit, work permit, and Foreign Expert Certificate.
- Hospitalization and accidental injury insurance reimbursement up to 1,300 RMB.
- Airport pick-up, and paid accommodation for a few nights while we help you find a residence.
- Training on arrival and ongoing support and development over the course of the contract.
- Advancement opportunities throughout the company.
- 5,000 RMB performance bonus.
- 5,000 RMB contract completion bonus.
- 5,000 RMB re-signing bonus.
A western Academic Manager will assist you at work and with getting settled into your social life in China.
- You are a native English speaker from the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, New Zealand, Australia, or South Africa.
- A four-year degree from a university.
- A recent background check.
- A 120-hour EFL qualification (TEFL / TESOL / CELTA / DELTA).
- Some teaching experience (ESL experience is not required but preferred).
- You should be outgoing, enthusiastic, positive, sociable, hardworking, patient, professional, and adaptable.
Health Requirements (must be completed after signing the LOU before arriving in China):
- Completed pre-travel health check form, signed by appropriate doctors (form provided by the school).
- Five days before traveling to China you must complete a SARS-CoV-2 nucleic acid test and receive a negative test result.
For questions, please send a message to email@example.com.
About Shanghai and Qingpu
Shanghai is the definition of a megacity, and home to one of the country’s most international communities. Many foreigners came here because they wanted to teach English in China. As a commercial and cultural center, it rivals the likes of Paris and New York with a uniquely Chinese take on international success.
The district of Qingpu, where the school is located, allows for a superb quality of life. Qingpu has most of the amenities of downtown Shanghai but has a slower pace and a more Chinese ‘feel’. Living downtown can often feel like you are in just another western city, but Qingpu never lets you forget you are living in China.
Many foreign staff members have chosen to make a cute, developing 500 year old canal town called Zhujiajiao, 12 kilometers to the west, their home.
The cost of living in either suburban town is 30-40 percent cheaper than it is living downtown. While you teach English in China you’ll have more money left to travel around the country and nearby countries, pay off student loans, or start a nest egg.
- Address Shanghai
- Salary Offer Up to 20,000