We are currently recruiting online English teachers. No online teaching experience is needed. Our expert team will train you in everything needed to master this job. We are looking for people who enjoy a good conversation and can communicate well with both children and adults. The main prerequisite for this position is for teachers to enjoy their time teaching, and be animated and engaging with their students, while guiding them through the lesson material.
You will be teaching an individual student, or groups of up to six, in a virtual classroom (VC). All lesson content is provided in the form of a PDF file, so there is little preparation required. A standard lesson would include going through pre-taught vocabulary – to focus on pronunciation, understanding and the ability to use independently – and supporting your students to gain confidence in speaking. Student feedback can be completed during lesson time, so there is no additional admin time required.
You will be working on a fixed schedule. This means that you have guaranteed hours and a guaranteed minimum income. For example, if your project was for weekday evenings, 6 – 9 p.m., then, as an absolute minimum, you would be paid your base rate for 15 hours each week. At First Future, you are paid in full even if a lesson hasn’t been booked during your shift, or if students don’t show up. Average pay is $17 for 45 minutes.
In addition to your fixed schedule, you can also register for additional flexi-classes to boost your income. You can add / change your availability for flexi-classes yourself daily.
We work with over 1000 organizations, so specifics vary. On average, group lessons are for 45 minutes, so there is one lesson per hourly time slot, with a 15-minute break. 1-on-1 lessons are 25 minutes on average, so there would be two lessons per hourly time slot.
– A degree and a TEFL certificate are preferred
– TEFL certificate not required for teachers with 1+ year of experience
– Other academic pathways may be considered in lieu of a degree
– Internet connection of more than 10 Mbps download & 8 Mbps upload … a cable connection is recommended (i.e. Ethernet)
– Laptop or desktop PC … the work cannot be performed on a tablet or phone
– High-quality USB headset and webcam
– You must be able to work in a quiet place, with a suitable background – either completely clear, or with images relevant to teaching English
– Clear speaking voice, with no strong regional or national accent that students may find difficult
– Able to come across as lively and friendly on camera
– Happy to teach a mix of children, adults, 1-on-1 and group classes
Visit our website www.firstfuturejobs.com and follow the instructions on the APPLY NOW page.
- Address Patong, Kathu District, Phuket, Thailand