This school in Yangzhou places a huge emphasis on teacher wellness, happiness and job satisfaction, and as a result, the school has seen its foreign staff double to 42 teachers in the last year.
Teach English in Yangzhou and you’ll be sure to have a happy and exciting year ahead!
Apart from an excellent salary package, the school provides a highly specialized teacher training, an organized teacher structure consisting of Senior Teachers, Supervisors, and Academic Managers, as well as a dedicated training manager and foreign mentor team of foreign teachers. The school also sponsors an annual staff trip which has seen the Yangzhou team going to Thailand and Japan in the last two years.
- Class size: 12-14 students per class
- Up to 27 hours per week (including office hours).
- 5 working days with 2 consecutive days off per week.
The school provides all the books, CDs, educational toys and other teaching resources needed to teach the curriculum. You are welcome to bring any music, games, or teaching materials that you think will improve your classes.
- A passport from the United Kingdom, the United States, Canada, Australia, Ireland, New Zealand or South Africa.
- A bachelor degree or better.
- A 120-hour TEFL certificate or better.
- A clear criminal background.
Salary and Benefits
- 18,000 RMB ($2755) monthly salary after tax.
- Health insurance.
- Z visa provided before you arrive.
- 22 days paid holiday and 5 additional unpaid personal days.
- Annual staff trips to another country – free for teachers of more than a year, heavily discounted for teachers of less than a year.
- Free weekly Mandarin classes (HSK level 1-3).
- Airport pickup by a foreign staff member from Nanjing or Shanghai international airport.
- Arrival hotel provided until a suitable apartment near the school can be found.
- 5,000 RMB ($765) Flight reimbursement.
- 4,000 RMB reimbursement of document notarization costs.
- 18,000 RMB optional, interest-free loan to help with start-up costs.
- 2-week comprehensive training paid 1,000 RMB per week.
- 6,000 RMB re-sign bonus.
- Foreign Welfare Officer who helps teachers in renting an apartment, getting a SIM card, setting up a bank account, and any other issues that foreign teachers may have.
- 3 standby teachers (to cover teachers who are sick and on vacation).
More about the School
On arrival, teachers go through a training session, which covers all areas needed to teach a wide array of classes. There is also ongoing teacher development in the form of class observations, workshops, and co-teaching, all within a supportive environment that ensures teachers grow to their full potential.
If you want to make sure teaching English in Yangzhou is really for you, send us a message at email@example.com.
- Address Yangzhou
- Salary Offer 18000