Update: China has opened its borders to teachers from the UK and Ireland
This new school is quickly expanding, so they are looking for new teachers to teach English in Chongqing. In just over a year the school has grown to 60 students. As the school is still relatively small, they have a close-knit team that enjoys a friendly and relaxed working environment, while keeping a professional approach towards the education of their students.
The school will provide a fully-tailored curriculum for the teacher to follow, however, the school welcomes teachers to bring their own creative ideas into the classroom. Teachers can use the beautiful outdoor playground for fun activities they feel will help with the students’ learning.
The position comes with a free apartment in walking distance of the school.
- 25 hours teaching + 5 office hours per week.
- Students: 3-16 years old, max. 16 per class.
- A teaching assistant will help with activities, classroom behavior and checking work in the younger classes.
- All curriculum books, CDs, educational toys and teaching resources will be provided.
- You can bring any music, games, and other teaching materials to fit your teaching style. There is also a beautiful outdoor playground.
- You have a passport from New Zealand, South Africa, Ireland, Canada, Australia, United Kingdom or United States.
- A bachelor’s degree or better.
- A 120-hour TEFL certificate or better.
- A clear criminal background.
Salary and Benefits
- 16,000-18,000 RMB ($2330-2600) per month.
- Free apartment (or additional 1000 RMB housing allowance).
- Health insurance.
- 5 working days per week with 2 consecutive days off.
- 22 days paid holiday (includes national holidays).
- 2000 RMB end of contract bonus and up to 4200 RMB flight reimbursement.
- The school will meet you at the airport and assist with setting up a bank account, getting a local sim card, and general orientation.
- Visa costs within China covered.
- Paid 3-day teacher training.
- Opportunities for career development (Teacher Management, Teacher Training, Marketing and Sales, Publishing, Teacher Recruitment).
Chongqing is a very large, modern city with many parks, winding rivers, and is surrounded by mountains. With tree-lined streets everywhere, it feels very green. It is certainly an interesting alternative to the more obvious locations, and you’ll feel rewarded for exploring its cultural and natural attractions.
For questions, send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address Chongqing
- Salary Offer 18000