The school uses its own teaching materials and will supply a basic training course for new teachers. Computers, internet, and interactive whiteboards are available to help teachers make the most of their lessons.
Classes are set based on students’ ages and their English levels.
- 27 teaching hours + 5 office hours per week (including prep time).
- 2 consecutive days off.
- Students: 3-14 years old, classes usually have 8-12 students.
Salary and Benefits
- 18,000 – 20,000 RMB ($2,725-3,030) per month.
- Health insurance.
- 22 days paid holiday, including national holidays.
- China visa costs covered.
- Airport pickup.
- Arrival hotel paid for by the school 3 days.
- 1 week of comprehensive training, paid for by the school. Additional training activities are possible.
- A passport from the United Kingdom, the United States, Canada, Australia, Ireland, New Zealand or South Africa.
- A bachelor’s degree or better.
- A 120-hour TEFL certificate or better.
- A clear criminal background.
Why teachers like Shijiazhuang
Shijiazhuang – ‘the Shiz’– is one of the fastest growing cities in China. It is built up around a knot of train lines, so the city has convenient rail connections to almost all places in China. Beijing is an hour away and Shanghai, Xian, and Guangzhou are easy to get to by high-speed rail.
The city has hot spa complexes, a large zoo with a funfair, an indoor swimming pool, an aquarium with mermaid shows, an ice rink, a whole range of cinema complexes from IMAX to 4D, an indoor garden, a ski slope, and bowling alleys. The mall complex Wanda features many bars that cater well to foreigners. For some nature, there are plenty of mountains nearby.
For questions, send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Address Shijiazhuang
- Salary Offer 18000-20000 RMB