Find the perfect blend of adventure and comfort in Chengdu!
The teacher is responsible for delivering educational products and courses to students, and providing a first rate customer experience and positive image of the school.
Teachers will work 5 days a week during the non-peak seasons and up to 6 days per week during the peak seasons of summer and winter course production (usually falling within the periods of June to August and January to February respectively each year). Teachers may be asked to work morning and evening shifts in the same day.
- Student age: 3-18 years old.
- 20 teaching hours + 20 office hours per week.
Salary and Benefits
- 10,000-12,000 RMB after tax based on relevant teaching experience.
- Monthly housing allowance – 2000 RMB.
- Completion bonus – 5000 RMB per contract.
- 8000 RMB flight allowance.
- Insurance covered – 325 RMB.
- Demo bonus – up to 1500 RMB.
- VIP bonus – up to 1500 RMB.
- Free online Chinese lessons.
- Sponsored Foundation TEFL certificate.
- Airport pick up.
- First week free hotel upon arrival.
- Housing loan upon arrival – 7000 RMB.
- Reimbursement for medical, authentication, visa application upon arrival.
- Visa fully covered.
- Teaching assistant who will help you in your classes.
- Reimbursement for qualification- 280 RMB/TKT.
- Qualification allowance CELTA – 300 RMB, PGCE/MA in Education or Tesol – 500 RMB, DELTA/DipTesol – 1000 RMB, DELTM – 1500 RMB.
- Blue card – 440 RMB.
- Senior Teacher/Associate Director of Studies/Director of Studies promotion.
- You have a passport from Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Canada, United States, United Kingdom or Ireland.
- A bachelor’s degree or better.
- A 120-hour TEFL certificate or better. This job offers a free TEFL.
- A clear criminal background.
Why Teachers Love Chengdu
The Chinese describe Chengdu as the city people never want to leave, or “The land of milk and honey” due to its agricultural value. The city is globally renowned for its spicy cuisine and tea culture.
Chengdu is locally known for its relaxed and laid back lifestyle, and it has the perfect blend of adventure and comfort. A few hours from the city will take you to the Tibetan plateau, valleys, breath-taking mountain ranges and untouched National parks. In the city however, you can wander around the old-quarters, grab some spicy hotpot with friends or relax at one of the city’s many temples.
Chengdu is famous for giant pandas, and mahjong is very popular there.
When you teach English in Chengdu, you’ll notice the city doesn’t have much western influence like Shanghai or Beijing. This also means that not as many people speak English, so living here can be a bit more challenging, and more authentic.
If you want to teach English in China, but you’re not sure if Chengdu is right for you, send us a message.
For questions, send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address Chengdu
- Salary Offer 10,000-12,000 RMB