Teach English in Japan and you will discover a truly exotic culture!
Around half the students are children and half are adults, although this can vary considerably from school to school and from day to day.
- 40-minute 1-on-1 classes.
- 50-minute group classes (maximum 6 students).
- Workdays are roughly 12-9 pm with max 6.5 teaching hours.
- 29 teaching hours per week.
- Any time outside of teaching and preparation is break time.
- 5 days a week with two consecutive weekdays off.
In Japan, the majority of the schools are located in the Kanto region, which is essentially the Greater Tokyo/Yokohama metropolitan area. This job requires teaching at a few different locations in a week, which adds some variety, and travel costs will be paid by the school.
Schools are typically small, with two, three or four classrooms. Few schools have more than five classrooms, while some even have just one.
- A passport from the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, Ireland, New Zealand, or South Africa.
- A bachelor degree.
- CELTA | DELTA | Trinity certTESOL | a 120-hour TEFL certificate with at least 6 hours practicum | a TEFL under 120 hours with 3 months experience.
- You are open-minded, enthusiastic and positive.
Salary and Benefits
- At least 245,000 yen ($2350) per month depending on experience and qualifications.
- Sponsored visa for full-time teachers.
- 20 days holiday.
- Schools provide around 6 weeks of annual leave to full-time teachers, including national holidays. This will normally include non-working periods of at least 6 days in spring, 8 days in summer and 10 days during Christmas and New Year.
- Comprehensive training is provided by the school, which is ideal if this is your first English teaching job.
- All teaching materials and the curriculum are provided by the school.
- New teachers get support and guidance from the Director of Studies, who is a native English speaker.
- 12 month contract.
For questions, please send a message to email@example.com.
We feel that it is important that teachers who teach with us in Asia have a well-rounded experience. We encourage teachers to explore the local culture and neighboring countries.
Our Head Offices are populated with teachers who have grown and developed with the company and moved up into varying roles such as teacher management, recruitment, marketing and sales.
With over 500,000 alumni, 85,000 current students, and 1,000 teachers, we know this will be the experience of a lifetime!
- Address Tokyo
- Salary Offer 245,000 JPY/month