Meddeas, a leading organisation specialised in giving support services to Spanish bilingual schools, is currently looking for a suitable candidate to fill a Secondary School Teacher position.
- Are you a fully qualified teacher passionate about education?
- Are you a flexible and an inspiring teacher as well as a creative team player?
- Do you have teaching experience?
- Are you aware of the teenagers’ learning and pastoral needs?
- Do you aspire to inspire others through a personal commitment to the Catholic faith?
- Do you aspire to be a role model for your students?
Orvalle offers you the possibility to join a growing school with strong community links; enthusiastic and talented children; supportive and committed staff who will kindly welcome you; and supporting parents who will cooperate with you in their children’s education.
Are you looking for the opportunity to apply your knowledge while living a professional and life experience in Spain?
The role needs a flexible, dynamic and proactive approach, as well as supporting the Catholic ethos of the school.
In order to apply, you must:
- Be an EU citizen or hold a permanent work permit in the EU
- Be a native English speaker
- Have qualifications to teach Secondary level students in a British/Irish School or be able to obtain them before your contract starts
- Be a role model for the students
- Be a flexible and inspiring teacher as well as a creative team player
- Training and/or experience in TESOL/TEFL will be highly valued
- Speaking Spanish is not required
Orvalle School, established in 1978, is a Catholic all-girls school with a huge educational impact in Las Rozas de Madrid. The school, with strong Christian values, offers a comprehensive and personalized education. It is aimed at the instruction of women committed to society.
For more than 40 years, Orvalle has educated students from kindergarten to high school level. Continuous innovation and strong links built among teachers, parents, and students are the basis of this educational success.
With a multilingual environment and a strong focus on languages, the school starts introducing English in their students’ education at a young age (kindergarten). Orvalle has distinguished itself for its academic excellence, among other qualities. For this reason, the bilingual educational model has been designed considering the fundamental variables to promote this value: 80% of the day taught in English in Educación Infantil (2-5 year olds); and 50% of the day in Primaria (6-12 year olds) Secundaria and Bachiller (13-18 year olds).
Las Rozas de Madrid (or simply, Las Rozas) is one of the largest townships and municipalities in the autonomous community of Madrid with a population of nearly 95,000 inhabitants. It is located some 20 km northwest of the city of Madrid and it is really accessible from there by public transport, train and car. There are seven bus lines that connect the town with Madrid and three main train stations.
The streets and spacious squares of the Town, where locals gather to socialise with friends and family, have an inviting ambience with many outdoor cafés and shops. Las Rozas has a modern city centre with wide streets, several shopping centers, great gastronomy and wines, and lots of parks.
Applications from qualified teachers are welcome to teach at Orvalle School. Please submit a cover letter, full CV with referees and full contact details to email@example.com. For further details, please contact us at the same email address.
First round interviews will take place via Skype as applications are received.
Successful applicants will attend a face-to-face interview conducted by one of Meddeas’ delegates (based in England, Ireland, Scotland, Ulster, and Spain) during the month of May.
- Address Cordovilla