UPCOMING DATES – APPLY TODAY!
SPRING/SUMMER PROGRAM: FEBRUARY 19th to AUGUST 10th 2018
Teach and travel in beautiful Austria with a non-profit organization while earning an internationally recognized TEFL qualification! As a Student Teacher on our intensive teacher training program, you will travel together with your teaching practice group while learning to teach English as a foreign language to young learners. Student Teachers gain over 300 hours of teaching experience in more than twenty different schools across Austria, while experiencing the rich culture of a country with one of the highest standards of living!
As a non-profit with a mission to provide quality teacher training to young people based solely on academic merit and potential as cultural ambassadors, we are able to offer scholarships to qualified candidates to participate in our program. Successful candidates will receive, in addition to a place on the program, shared accommodation, basic food supplies, teaching materials and program related travel. Our Job Placement Program, available during the final two weeks of the program, offers Student Teacher with CV assistance, professional development and resources for finding and applying to TEFL positions around the globe.
WHAT WE PROVIDE
When you earn a scholarship with the English Teacher Training College, you will receive:
- Red Cross First Aid training and certificate
- Cambridge University CELT-P certification course
- Trinity College London CertTESOL certification course
- Cambridge English TKT examinations (Modules 1,2,3, CLIL and Young Learners)
- Extended training in communicative language teaching, project work, game-based learning and task-based learning techniques
- At least 300 hours of practical teaching experience in real Austrian classrooms
- Over 29 hours of observed and assessed feedback, including observing experienced Senior Teachers, microteaching video feedback, and regular feedback on your own teaching from highly qualified Course Tutors
In addition to:
- Visa assistance (non-EU candidates)
- FREE accommodation in student dormitories
- FREE grocery vouchers to cover basic food expenses
- All course-related transportation in Austria i.e. between campus and school
- English is the applicant’s first language (i.e. mother tongue) OR is spoken at native level AND the applicant has lived a significant proportion of their life in a native English speaking country
- At least 18 years of age
- A demonstrable interest in teaching English and working with children
- Qualifications which would allow entry to Higher Education in one’s home country e.g. English A-Levels, Scottish Highers, Irish Leaving Certificate, U.S. High School Diploma with a good GPA, International Baccalaureate etc
- Ability and desire to serve as a cultural ambassador for one’s home country
Experience in a non-traditional teaching or non-profit environment such as in summer camps, youth groups, outdoor education, volunteer projects etc will be advantageous, however, all candidates are considered
How To Apply
If your experience and aspirations match the College’s requirements, email your CV and a short cover letter explaining your motivation perceived suitability to the Admissions Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews take place via Skype (video required).
The English Teacher Training College and its associated Bilingual Classroom Initiative (ABCi) is a not-for-profit Austrian college with a dual mission: Firstly, as a college, to provide a world-leading practical education in English teacher training for Student Teachers from the English-speaking world based solely on the candidate’s academic merit and potential as a cultural ambassador. Secondly, as a charity outreach, to promote language learning and cultural exchange and to foster understanding between English-speaking countries and Austria. By bringing hundreds of teachers from native-speaking countries into Austrian classrooms, we hope to reach every child with a free English Outreach Project by the year 2020.
Visit our website to learn more about our teacher training program: https://www.english-teacher-college.at/